Ryland Homes - Shoddy Masonry Work +Poor Customer Service
I think there has been some misunderstanding on your part, so let me clarify:
We have never claimed this to be structural damage
The fact that this is a 14 year old house, (we are the original owners) is immaterial- the problem here is Ryland's lack of ability to effectively monitor the quality control of their sub-contractors in this case masonry workers
There can be little dispute that the work in the photo's was poorly done and should not have passed any Ryland quality control inspection
The only reason the poor masonry work was uncovered was because the side panels which damaged by water had to be removed to be replaced.
No amount of normal due diligence would have uncovered this hidden shoddy work- as a home buyer we relied on the Ryland reputation as a quality home builder.
We think it unreasonable for you not to at least come out and inspect the shoddy masonry work done by your sub-contractors and decline to fix the problem which will probably only cost a few hundred dollars
This is an issue about Ryland's reputation as a quality home builder able to effectively monitor the quality of the work performed by it's sub-contractors-I would hate to have to post these pictures and your self-serving response on social media at a time when you have several projects under way. I think potential buyers for your projects in "Buckhead" might have second thoughts about buying a Ryland Home if they saw the shoddy masonry work that was effectively concealed from view and your response.
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Customer service attitude
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Ryland Homes Construction
- Review category
- Home Construction and Repair
You May Also Like
- "I have not been in my home for six months and everyday I notice things that are wrong with my home from squeaky floors to pushed nails, cracks in the..."
- "We paid a handsome price to have our parking lot Tar & Chipped rather than re-pave which is considerably more expensive. The product did not hold up and within a couple..."
- "We moved in 11 April 2014. LOVED our house although there were several things that were mentioned at our punch list that were flat out ignored (still, to this day..."
- "FTD delivered a day late then my DIL sent me a photo of the flowers at my request. There was to be no white flowers plus they put cheap white..."
- "I ordered flowers to be delivered to my studio. E-Florist sent me a email confirming my order. I waited all day for the flowers to arrive, that I needed for..."
- "I had an appointment scheculed for 9am on Thursday the 24th for an oil change. Once I saw them pull my vehicle around to the bay area, my friend and..."
- " It is unfortunate that with very few cars, early Sunday afternoon, yet it took 50 min. For my food to come out. Not only was the meat cold, but..."
- "With fashion, food, architecture JESSE KEYES with KAROLINZ ZMARLAK, 1 7th AVENUE SOUTH and LA ESQUINA, are all superb businesses. So happy to be partners with them. We have been..."
- "Kuester has been letting Terra Green Landscaping on Concord, NC, run in and out of the property, circle the property, blow leaves directly into the cars, etc. etc. The BBB..."