Ryland Homes - Shoddy Masonry Work +Poor Customer Service

I think there has been some misunderstanding on your part, so let me clarify:

We have never claimed this to be structural damage

The fact that this is a 14 year old house, (we are the original owners) is immaterial- the problem here is Ryland's lack of ability to effectively monitor the quality control of their sub-contractors in this case masonry workers

There can be little dispute that the work in the photo's was poorly done and should not have passed any Ryland quality control inspection

The only reason the poor masonry work was uncovered was because the side panels which damaged by water had to be removed to be replaced.

No amount of normal due diligence would have uncovered this hidden shoddy work- as a home buyer we relied on the Ryland reputation as a quality home builder.

We think it unreasonable for you not to at least come out and inspect the shoddy masonry work done by your sub-contractors and decline to fix the problem which will probably only cost a few hundred dollars

This is an issue about Ryland's reputation as a quality home builder able to effectively monitor the quality of the work performed by it's sub-contractors-I would hate to have to post these pictures and your self-serving response on social media at a time when you have several projects under way. I think potential buyers for your projects in "Buckhead" might have second thoughts about buying a Ryland Home if they saw the shoddy masonry work that was effectively concealed from view and your response.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

• Customer service attitude

Reason of review:
Damaged or defective
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Ryland Homes Construction
Review category
Home Construction and Repair
review #706275 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Ryland Homes? Submit review ›
Helpful? 4 Yes 4 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.