Ryland Homes - Shoddy Masonry Work +Poor Customer Service
I think there has been some misunderstanding on your part, so let me clarify:
We have never claimed this to be structural damage
The fact that this is a 14 year old house, (we are the original owners) is immaterial- the problem here is Ryland's lack of ability to effectively monitor the quality control of their sub-contractors in this case masonry workers
There can be little dispute that the work in the photo's was poorly done and should not have passed any Ryland quality control inspection
The only reason the poor masonry work was uncovered was because the side panels which damaged by water had to be removed to be replaced.
No amount of normal due diligence would have uncovered this hidden shoddy work- as a home buyer we relied on the Ryland reputation as a quality home builder.
We think it unreasonable for you not to at least come out and inspect the shoddy masonry work done by your sub-contractors and decline to fix the problem which will probably only cost a few hundred dollars
This is an issue about Ryland's reputation as a quality home builder able to effectively monitor the quality of the work performed by it's sub-contractors-I would hate to have to post these pictures and your self-serving response on social media at a time when you have several projects under way. I think potential buyers for your projects in "Buckhead" might have second thoughts about buying a Ryland Home if they saw the shoddy masonry work that was effectively concealed from view and your response.
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Customer service attitude
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Ryland Homes Construction
- Review category
- Home Construction and Repair
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "We moved in 11 April 2014. LOVED our house although there were several things that were mentioned at our punch list that were flat out ignored (still, to this day..."
- "We paid a handsome price to have our parking lot Tar & Chipped rather than re-pave which is considerably more expensive. The product did not hold up and within a couple..."
- "These photos show a crack in the foundation slab that I discovered when I took up the carpet in my house at Sun City Hilton Head, SC.Photo 1 shows what..."
- "Nabi aut of age! Go buy $150 samsung tablet .Set up for yur child...That is it.. Way!!! Im saying that look here ,I did buy junior ,dreamtab ,fuhu nabi2 ...."
- "Could somebody help me retrieve the first fourteen digits on my credit card please? I have not seen my card for a month and I need help to remember my..."
- "Fema lies to people and scam people i have been dealing with fema since august everytime i talk to fema its a new excuse of what they need everytime i..."
- "I take my daughter once a week to McDonalds. McDonald's had the Happy Meal advertised for $1. I ordered my food. The cashier processed order more than $1...."
- "FTD delivered a day late then my DIL sent me a photo of the flowers at my request. There was to be no white flowers plus they put cheap white..."
- "First American Home Buyers Protection Corporation is a deceptive operation, after paying my monthly payment I needed repair on my furnace, they sent their company out that tried to fault..."