I think there has been some misunderstanding on your part, so let me clarify:
We have never claimed this to be structural damage
The fact that this is a 14 year old house, (we are the original owners) is immaterial- the problem here is Ryland's lack of ability to effectively monitor the quality control of their sub-contractors in this case masonry workers
There can be little dispute that the work in the photo's was poorly done and should not have passed any Ryland quality control inspection
The only reason the poor masonry work was uncovered was because the side panels which damaged by water had to be removed to be replaced.
No amount of normal due diligence would have uncovered this hidden shoddy work- as a home buyer we relied on the Ryland reputation as a quality home builder.
We think it unreasonable for you not to at least come out and inspect the shoddy masonry work done by your sub-contractors and decline to fix the problem which will probably only cost a few hundred dollars
This is an issue about Ryland's reputation as a quality home builder able to effectively monitor the quality of the work performed by it's sub-contractors-I would hate to have to post these pictures and your self-serving response on social media at a time when you have several projects under way. I think potential buyers for your projects in "Buckhead" might have second thoughts about buying a Ryland Home if they saw the shoddy masonry work that was effectively concealed from view and your response.
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Customer service attitude
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Ryland Homes Construction
- Review category
- Home Construction and Repair
You May Also Like
- "Flooded basement weekly, sloppy work beyond, constant puddle in garage that I step in daily, because they ignored my request for a drain and 'sloped' the garage, which clearly they..."
- "I am writing this letter on behalf of my parents, who are the ones that got scammed by this individual. On 7/29/16, my parents signed a contract with Jose D...."
- "AHP is wonderful at first. The office managed even took me out for beers and to discuss the house. All of that congeniality changed when we actually begin..."
- "I placed a $3700 order that was received damaged. Never even removed it from the truck since the trucker wouldn't allow it until his bill was signed. I emailed AND..."
- "RANDY L HARRIS, STEVE CUNNINGHAM (HARVARD ATTORNEY) | ACTION DISMISSED BY US DISTRICT COURT | Georgia, DAWSONVILLE and ALPHARETTA Complaints - EQUUS RESOURCES, INC. - UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURTUNITED STATES..."
- "Bought tv online 5 days ago. Store still not release it to me because they have no confirmation, been called twice by web folks. Bought one off their shelf after..."
- "I purchased 2 Kensington recliners from Cymax thru Sears in June, 2015. 18 months later the leather is flaking off and the pull handle to open the reclining part is..."
- "RUN RUN RUN 2 weeks turned to 6. and still not done they ordered the wrong tub and order the same $33 ceiling fan (a request was made to upgrade from the..."
- "PHILIP MENICI CRIMINAL ENTERPRISE BEWARE DIGREGORIO & MENICI is business registered with the Office of the City Clerk of Boston. The file number is 14001751. The address is 152 Salem Street..."