Ryland Homes House Construction Review from Chicago Ridge, Illinois

Purchased my home this past month not very pleased .To say the least when you see in the pictures the model home grass has irrigation sprinklers when I purchased my home I was told the sos would be taken care of and watered.

It was dead upon my day of closing .. When I asked how are we supposed to take care of our watering we were advised to drag out our garden hoses .. So pretty much the bait and switch the models have the beautification in the luxury of irrigation but not the other units you are buying . Just like my drains about going to my drain tiles and shutters I had to fight with my attorney to have those put on as you see in the pictures ..

Items promised to my attorney and I at my closing still are not completed which were supposed to be done by a certain date .. When I go to wash clothes if I want to wash my towels on hot water cold water comes out .. To water the rear grass I was not able to use the water spicket on the rear of the house so I had to drag it through my kitchen through the hallway and through my garage here you will see how they corrected the problem of the water spicket.

Also when they laid our sod it was just pieced together it was not rolled like it should've been.An UNHAPPY RYLAND HOMEBUYER

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Product or service
Review category
Home Construction and Repair
review #866013

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Ryland Homes? Submit review ›
Helpful? 5 Yes 5 2 No 2
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Sep 08 #1209834 Overland Park, Kansas

This is similar to my experience when I bought my house from Ryland Home as well back in 2007. The sale lady told us that we would have irrigation sprinklers included in the price. We found out later that only older models would have it and our is not one of them. We would need to spend several grands to have it install at cost. I had to send a nasty Email for them to agree to install the system.

0 0 Reply

Jul 18 #1186713 Chicago Ridge, Illinois

This is Ryland home Cal Alan-tic and this is located in the Edgewater subdivision in Crown Point Indiana

0 1 Reply

Jun 19 #1175270 Vallejo, California

We are nearing world war 3, people are being raped and butchered everyday, and all you are concerned about is having to water your own d a m n grass!?! PATHETIC!

7 3 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Ryland Homes. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Ryland Homes.
Filing a new complaint about