Ryland Homes - Most windows have broken seals and digging inside them.

Most windows are fogged over in my whole neighborhood of ryland homes. Does anyone know the brand window they used??

Ryland Homes - Many problems with windows and roof

I have several of the same problems that I am seeing reported here. Windows backed with foam board and not wood so now I need to replace all the windows on front of house plus tear out walls and insulation due to mold growth.

Roof corners not completed correctly so house has been taking on water at gutter and corner for years.

Finally saw the damage in the walls and now have to replace walls, flooring, ceiling on entire side of house on all three levels. Estimates came in at nearly 50K.

Lots of holes in roof that were never sealed with scaffolding was installed during original construction.

Product or Service Mentioned: Ryland Homes House Construction.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Ryland Homes - Problem with Garden Tub

My hot water faucet is leaking; call a plumber he stated to repair leak he needed to cut the siding out because there was no other way to repair faucet. The cost would be $800.00.

I am retired and the price is outrageous.

Why was the tub design that way? Please email me Helen.dcharles@yahoo.com

Ryland Homes - Shoddy workmanship

1.8

Built in 1999.

Daily, I can find evidence of their *** workmanship.

Let’s be honest: they subcontract out everything but the crews working our neighborhood must have been the biggest bunch of drunkards and *** heads to ever work construction.

Big piece of advice for new home buyers (learned my lesson 20 years back): DON’T EVER go with the builders upgrades. Flooring,, cabinets, countertops, etc. Go absolute baseline and then go out and make your own upgrades. Builders like Ryland are notorious for selling you the upgrades and everything they use is cheap as hell....but they really inflate the home cost. We added like $10,000 in upgrades and the material and product they use is pure junk!

Ryland is cookie cutter and inflated.

Ryland Homes - Ryland Home we purchased in Carmel, IN

My husband and I purchased a townhome in Carmel, IN. (Townhomes at City Center).

The handle on the sliding glass door in the kitchen broke off and we are trying to replace; however, there is no info in our warranty book as who the supplier of this door is. I was hoping you might have some record on the manufacturer of the sliding glass door so that we could contact them for a replacement handle.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Ryland Homes - I wish I never met them...

I bought a home from Ryland in Collegeville, PA in 1996. 22 years later I am still correcting their shoddy workmanship.

They are disreputable and inept in every way. I dealt with top management down to the job-site clowns. I cannot say that the people who built the house were actually Ryland, as they had outsourced every aspect of the actual construction. So, it is fair to say they aren't even a construction company.

I have had significiant problems with everything - drywall, windows, doors, plumbing, electrical, foundation...I have also spent a small fortune having other contractors who know what they are doing to come in and fix issues.

I have at least another $100K in repairs since they left. Worst so-called construction company in human history.

Do yourself a favor and avoid them and their companies.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments

user67608505

Another note: I found the access to plumbing for the hall bath was non existent. A frame where the door was supposed to be was installed but no actual door - just drywall.I had an insect problem for the first two years because during construction somehow the basement filled up with 3.5 feet of water!They didn't do the grass, although they claimed they did.

I eventually hired someone who understood grass and they fixed it.My large, front window had a leak that was horrendous. They came and caulked and said it would be fine. It wasn't.

I had a carpenter come and fixed it while advising me to sue the builder for incompetence. He said the gap was large enough that he initially lost a pencil in it....I can go on for several thousand more words here....

user67608505

Another note to add to this review - I found when I replaced every window that much of the wrap for fire was never put on the house. I have found many areas where no insulation was installed or it was improperly installed.

I had to replace my exterior doors completely as they all rotted out as they were not installed properly. The rear slider never had flashing, so, water was just running into the basement. The first 3x they came about that in 1997 they had no idea what it was.

I called a carpenter, he diagnosed it in less than 1 minute. I have MANY, MANY other examples just like this.

Ryland Homes - Water issues

My house is a lake! I have had water in the basement more times then I ca remember!

Waited 2 Years before I finished the basement! I even drylocked, sealed cracks & spray fomed & still got water. PS got water from the roof also. Ryland try’s to always blame someone or something else!

Never buy their home! Guess this is what u get for moving to broke IL!

Ryland Homes - Horrible customer service

2.0
Turnaround Time

Have spoken to the company so many times had the same leak 4 times. Not to mention had another leak in the house that they had to repair 3 times.

Their reps change constantly and all blame each other. Even spoke with the VP and he just blew it off. Told me he would get back to me by the end of the week , but did not hear from him until three weeks.

I had to call him 6 times. Don’t buy because after a year they don’t care about you.

Ryland Homes - Bad Builder

They built our house in 1995. In 2017 we discovered that flashing had not been installed above several of the windows, causing the frames to rot internally, out of sight.

There is no dispute that the rotting is a direct result of the improper installation. Now they must be replaced. Of course Ryland hides behind the 20 year warranty, although the problem has been there from the start and is a result of their negligence. Nearly all external wood trim is rotting due to the use of poor-quality wood, this is a separate issue from the missing flashing and true of all homes in out Ryland-built neighborhood.

The majority of houses have had to replace windows and/or doors. Ground preparation was poor and the majority of driveways and entry sidewalks are cracked from settlement.

Within a couple of years of construction a sinkhole big enough to swallow an adult formed next to our driveway. The pylons for the deck support have sunk at various rates, causing our deck stairs to resemble a Z shape.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

My neighbor and I's yards started sinking earlier this year. Almost 4 months later mine is still sinking and I have a crack in my foundation from it! My neighbor has lived in his home since it was built back around 1997 and said nothing like this has ever happened before.

Ryland Homes - Bad experience

2.2
Turnaround Time

When my Fiancé and I moved to Delaware because of work, we wanted to buy our first home together. A coworker of mine said how Middletown, De was a beautiful City that I would love.

My Fiance and I decided to visit the Ryland homes in Willow Grove. The town home we saw was very nice. The employee that work there was awesome. We loved the Neighborhood and we decided that we wanted to buy a home from Ryland.

At first everything seems good. But as the months went by, we've notice how they were building our home. It seems like they were in a rush and they didn't really care of how they built the homes. The manager for the construction said not to worry that everything will be fine.

We finally moved in 7 months later and the first thing we encountered was our dish washer was not working. We found out they had put the tubes and wiring backwards. We went upstairs and notice a lot of the paint was dripping down on the cabinets and on our carpet. We also noticed our vents were all crooked.

I also noticed in my kitchen, a piece of my Island's cabinets was chopped off. I was really upset but we had already moved in and didn't notice any of these problems until we settled in.

I really hope that they see the mistakes they have done. Next time we buy a house, I will make sure that everything will be in my expectations.

Comments

This is why Ryland homes continued to change their names because they are a shady builder. I've viewed their homes in different parts of Maryland over the years and I'd buy a bridge first rather than getting involved with them.

Do your research people and check your resources, BBB and reviews. STAY AWAY