Ryland Homes doesn't care about existing homes!
Ryland Homes is building a new subdivision behind me.I've had two major water leaks for the first time ever since they put a huge generator back there for the lift station they are building RIGHT behind my home.
The vibrations from the generator shook my whole house. They dug a very deep hole for the lift station right against my fence. They told me they would replace my fence if there was any damage. They had to use wood to prop my fence up on their side so it wouldn't fall in the hole.
My fence is now bowed and leaning. I'm told the fence they are putting up around their subdivision will "replace" mine. Once they finish the lift station they will finish the fence and then I can "just remove my old fence." I've asked several times if the fence will be right up against my side fencing since I have dogs. They assure me it will be.
We shall see. I think they should put the new fence they are using on my sides as well. It's not like I can just go buy it to match the sides to the back myself. They ruined my fence and want me to remove it myself once they put up a fence they were putting up anyway.
Not much compensation for the damage. Also the elevation of the houses behind me is so high it's at least halfway up the fence. Can you imagine seeing your neighbors in their yard ABOVE the fence line? I will now have to plant large trees to have privacy in my own backyard, at my expense.
I have spoken to a couple supervisors on the job but they just apologize, shrug and say it's been approved. Yes, approved at meetings that they advertise for in magazines like the Theifty Nickel. That's an upstanding way to run a business and "build a community" right? What about the community that was already here?
I see workers all the time above my fence line, even trucks driving by in full view above the fence. I've included pictures to show the elevation differences and a couple pictures from my bathroom window to show the workers above the fence line. I just want them to fence my yard with the new fence they're using. The land they are building on was all trees and wildlife.
They pulled it all out. They could have left perimeter trees or replant some at least. No one seems to know what the landscaping will be.
Right now the land slopes down toward the fence to my yard.It's not easy to get anyone to talk to me so maybe this will help them listen and to get the word out.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Construction Services
- Review category
- Landscaping and Gardening
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I bought over $6000 worth of potted 8 ft. nominal longleaf pine trees from TyTy Nursery. They shipped me bare-root twigs that were approx 1 inch diamter and 10-40..."
- "Ok, i'm a customer whose still waiting for a job to be completed. The past month and a half has been disappointing, prompting me to check reviews and see..."
- "I bought a Ryland home 5 years back in Atlanta. Now outside wooden mold is coming out. I submitted a service request but got an email reply without a visit..."
- "Hello from Amazon.com. We can certainly understand your concerns about this claim being closed. However, as stated in our previous message, regarding 1x4-1726519-22xxx69: The seller who fulfilled this order indicates no return has been..."
- "Check out this FPL repair job on a residential 200 amp underground service wire (see attached photo). We ran across this and figured that this shoddy repair work, clearly made..."
- "1. Rented a Thrifty car online 1 week in advance. 2. Next day received email with 25% discount offer so made new reservation online. Attempted to cancel 1st reservation but system..."
- "Case: 1. Download latest Android Snapdeal app 2. Register/Login 3. Connect with Freecharge 4. Keep some money into Freecharge wallet 5. Add some products into Cart 6. Cart -->Proceed to payment 7...."
- "I have become the victim of rascism by Kayla Dormer who is emploed at Aerotek recruting which is a recruiting firm. I met Kayla for the recruitment process and ..."
- "Horrible place to live. Harassed by management . They worry about things that they shouldn't be worrying about , they don't fix tripping hazards that you report , nor fix..."