Ryland Homes - Simple Review #1487771513

4.6
Turnaround Time

Had some issues, the management listened to me and acted promptly... good builders, I will recommend them. Very satisfied with their customer service.

Reason of review: Good customer service.

Ryland Homes - Punch list,on legacy ridge overlook,

I closed last September it's taken 5 months but slowly the CalAtlantic Group is getting the list taken care of. I hope when I move in All things on the are done correctly,I gave them a lot of calls and done a lot of legitimate complaints.

Finally these problems on the list are all about getting done,I've had calls from their Subcontractors ,and repair work done The Subs and Cal have called me asking what needs to be corrected . I hope when I do get moved in I can live without any worries ,but I saw the Foundation and Framing and all the rest. People who know nothing about building and just go with the flow., and don't make any waves,this seems to be the norm with the new buyers,they don't know about the construction of a Home,and really don't care too,instead of spending hours on Technology and Text messages,They Trust the Builder , sotake a few hours and look up Foundations,do your homework,don't leave it up to your Realtor ,he's not paying for it.

I learned this the hard way,and Trusted those who I never should have.Remember ! Once you close ,,your closed,and it then on time to make all the wrongs right,,,and be Patient ,cause it will take awhile and a lot of time you may be one of the lucky ones and only a few things are wrong, My concern is all in the Reviews ,On Water drainage and Foundation issues,and my Driveway Concrete is cracking,and it shouldn't be ,if the Pour was made when it wasn't Freezing and Snowing.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Ryland Homes - Home Buying Review

1.5

My Ryland home is 1 year old. The driveway is sinking, the landscape/ grass and bushes died, and the most recent was a 1 foot deep void in my front yard.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments

Welcome to the wonderful experiences of Ryland Homes. My grass was ripped up twice to lay electric and piping to the homes across the street, they only patched it the first time, still have a bare spot after four years.

My landscaping project they forgot to plant before I moved in dies after the first frost as they planted past the recommended planting season - promised to replace, but never did. They make many promises then promptly disappear so they don't have to make good on them.

Ryland Homes - A lot of defect issues and trying to get help is impossible

I just moved into my new Calatlantic home Janury 2017 in Henderson, NV.I noticed horrible paint and repair jobs on the base boards by the builders and had a broken cable wire and two warped closet doors. Called Paula Farrell the sales counselor and was told it's the weekend there's nothing I can do.

Made a call to my lawyer because I was getting nowhere with Paula. Carl who does maintenance and repairs would say this or that to avoid installing my closet doors.Had to make several calls to my lawyer and even after that my closet doors still did not get installed until three weeks later.

Review about: House.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

I liked: Floor plan.

I didn't like: Customer service.

Comments

Mclean, Virginia, United States #1285980

Cal Atlantic is only concern about the sell. I would recommend an inspector inspect every home before closing and make sure all repairs are complete prior to closing because that maybe the last time you get to speak to a live person. I have purchased over 15 homes and they are by far the worst.

Ryland Homes - You Do Not Get What You Pay For

22387 E Creekside Dr, Queen Creek, AZ 85142, USA 0 comments
1.3
Turnaround Time

This home was purchased February 2016 with Ryland Homes (RH). Subdivision Sentiero in Queen Creek, AZ.

It was a classic bait and switch routine that started right after signing the purchase contract. CalAtlantic (CA) is RH and Standard Pacific Homes merged. CA Phoenix headquarters is in Gilbert, AZ. This review applies to all in existence as they interchanged company names several time during the home buying process.

In 2000 I purchased a new single family home from RH in Virginia with an overall decent experience, so the difference from then and now is apparent. CA is a home contractor and not a home builder. CA is a series of complex shell corporations created by lawyers that have an administrative staff. Actual physical home building related products and services are contracted.

You cannot find CA listed as a homebuilder in the Arizona state registry. CA is not classified as or regulated as a home builder. The contractors are listed and regulated. The contractors do not have the same work ethic or commitment to quality or service as employee staffed home builders.

The administrative staff and corporate lawyers know they have limited liability and use that against the unsuspecting customer who is lead to believe this is an all encompassing home building company. All CA employees are implicitly involved in and support this sham process. The contracts CA writes (if you read it all) are extremely one-sided, deceptive, and will limit your buyer rights and your ability to litigate them when something goes wrong as it often does. See reviews at BBB, Google, Yelp, States Attorney and other websites.

CA is inducing sales on their former or implied reputation of being a quality home builder. Do not be fooled into believing it is a company that has it’s reputation to maintain and cares about the homes it delivers to customers. The minute you complain, they refer you to the lawyers because they are not a home builder, but instead a shell of limited liability corporations. Arizona protects buyers rights during and after the home construction process and has strict well documented building code standards with associated complaint, arbitration, and legal processes to advocate for the buyer.

All free to state residents. Research Arizona Registrar of Contractors BEFORE you buy. Other states or localities may have something similar. Use this home contractor if you want the following: • Low quality, non building code compliant home overpriced as high quality building code compliant home • Being coerced by marketing bait and switch tactics of the sales counselors - do not trust these people • Constant lies and coverup of lies by sales counselors to get the sale • Waiting up to two years for your home to be completed from purchase contract date without recourse or refund stated in contract • Earning no interest on your earnest deposit money while it is held by CA for up to two years • “Buyer assumes a risk of losing such monies (deposit) if seller is unable or unwilling to perform under the terms of this contract” state in contract • CA designating any number of reasons to state buyer is in default and keeping the earnest money deposit • A model home that in no way is representative of the home to be delivered stated in contract • Having components substituted or changed with inferior ones that are not the same as the model home or brochures • Being shifted from employee to employee when you ask questions that the first person should have known or should have followed up on • Being harassed to go to their design center showroom to select overpriced and outdated options while given no credit for removed standard items • Construction Supervisor lying and being disrespectful to you, your family, and providing a very unpleasant customer experience • Construction Supervisor with strong odors of tobacco and alcohol during meetings • Construction Supervisor who takes calls, leaves, and generally is not attentive during scheduled in home meetings • Construction Supervisor not showing up for meetings, not following-up, and generally being derogatory when questioned about it • Construction Supervisor arguing over obvious missing, damaged, or non building code compliant items during home inspection • Construction Supervisor delaying repairs to after closing when it is a warranty item, so you have to suffer that process • Construction Supervisor not following the documented CA processes or providing information as required to the buyer • Construction Supervisor trying to lie to and coerce you into signing forms saying all was delivered perfectly and you are totally satisfied • Construction Supervisor who is not knowledgable about state and local building codes • CA and Construction Supervisor trying to prevent professional home inspection and buyer inspection prior to home closing • Completion date rescheduling several times with no respect of your time or commitments • Being given 15 days notice of home completion as stated in contract • Being given 5 days notice of non negotiable home settlement date picked solely by CA stated in contract • Being charged $100 per day beyond CA designated settlement date even if CA is unable or unwilling to perform under the contract • No guarantee that the home will be delivered termite or pest free • CA claiming to have done certain home services, but unwilling to provide proof of completion or by whom • Home being delivered unclean with numerous obvious stains, sawdust, dirt, and general grime • Home being delivered with hundreds of defects noted, but CA and Construction Supervisor unwilling or unable to correct and no compensation • Home being delivered with paid for options missing and with no mitigation or compensation • Home being delivered with trash in the home, yard, driveway, and backyard • Having blue tape all over home for months waiting for repairs and replacement of defective items • Using broken items while waiting months for back ordered replacements • Granting a permanent easement for CA and it’s affiliated contractors to enter your property for any reason any time stated in contract • Agreeing to give up your due process of law and litigation rights and exclusively use a CA affiliated mediator or arbitrator to resolve any disputes • CA using scare tactics such as referring you to their legal counsel when there is a construction related dispute or issue • CA using delay and defer tactics when you try to report defects prior to closing • CA using redirect tactics referring you directly to contractors for repairs without support: which should be handled by the Construction Supervisor • Contractors coming unbathed, dirty, and foul smelling leaving a stench in your new home • Hearing false excuses and how it was the other contractor who damaged the item or home and did faulty work • Having to clean up after the contractors mess up your new home while fixing their sloppy work • CA affiliated settlement officer lying about and changing the closing costs and estimate • Having to pay more than the final closing estimate quote because there were "surprise" charges • Having to search for and book hotels out of pocket while your wait for closing that keeps getting delayed by CA • Having to stay in a hotel weeks beyond promised delivery date without any compensation or explanations • Spending your time documenting, estimating, and trying to get reimbursed for damages only to be denied or ignored • Warranty service that is difficult, unresponsive, deceitful, problematic, and a waste of your time • Going weeks and months after warranty defects logged without reimbursement, communication, or resolution • Having to arrange repair of damaged items out of pocket due to failure of the warranty process • Having to spend your time writing reviews and complaints • Generally feeling dissatisfied and cheated by CA My advice in general for purchasing a new home is to find a reputable home builder that has it’s own employees complete all processes before, during, and after the home is constructed.

Ask for references. Talk to a few realtors. Ask for a blank purchase contract, home owner, warranty, and settlement documents. Review them with a real estate lawyer.

Read reviews on BBB, Google, Yelp, States Attorney and other websites. Verify they are listed as a home builder and regulated by building codes in the state you plan to purchase. Print the building codes and refer to them at different stages of construction. Read reviews by home builder employees on Glassdoor.

Visit a few home buyers a year or two after they purchased. Tell the builder you want a home inspection with remediation of discoveries completed prior to closing. Ask the builder to address any questions, complaints or issues. If they will not comply or answer, move on.

Do all that BEFORE you sign a purchase contract. Another options is to buy a one to two year old home and do a very very thorough home inspection. Research the builder of the home as above. New home issues may have been addressed and some warranty coverages, if transferrable, may have time left.

Otherwise get a home buyers warranty from the seller. The home inspector should discover most major issues and you have leverage to get them fixed or your money back if the contract is written properly. Easier, faster, and better experience perhaps than buying new.

This does not apply to all situations, but if it does save yourself some grief. Life is too short.

Review about: Ryland Homes Construction.

Reason of review: Not as described.

I didn't like: Entire staff not taking responsibility, Sales rep attitude, Poor quality, Quality.

Ryland Homes - CalAtlantic Homes at Canyon Falls summed up: Liars, Thieves. Don't do business with them, you will regret it.

Turnaround Time

CalAtltantic's sales conduct violated the Texas Deceptive Trade Practices Act ("DTPA") a consumer protection statute enacted to protect consumers from false, misleading and deceptive acts and practices. CalAtlantic violated the DTPA by failing to disclose information concerning goods or services which was known at the time and such failure to disclose such information was intended to induce us into the sales transaction into which we would not have entered had the information been disclosed.

Throughout the process, we were not communicated timely by our sales person, Cindy Miranda, had to make calls to the corporate office on multiple occasions in an attempt to get a response. We were told by their salesperson, Rachel, that there was no lot premium. We deposited $10,000 of refundable earnest money with CalAtlantic. After the refundable period for our deposit ended, Cindy Miranda told us that if we still wanted to build the preferred model that we would have to pay a $15,000 lot premium.

Additionally we needed to sign the contract without a chance to review it beforehand. Under duress of losing $10,000 we signed the sales contract. CalAtlantic did not sign-off on the correct list of options and upgrades. Once we had completed the design center process and chosen our upgrades and options, CalAtlantic signed off on the list without the low-voltage wiring upgrades.

We had to correct the list for them. At the meeting that showed them they signed the incorrect list, they asked for a check from us for $56,000. We were not told by them that we would have to pay for our options prior to closing. We would not have signed the contract had we known.

Additionally, the salesperson lied to us by telling us that they had already ordered the options; however, the regional manager, Kathy Kerr, told us if we didn't want some options then they just not be ordered. Sib Woehr, sales assoc., Trish Russell, loan officer, stated CalAtlantic does not refund earnest money to consumers. CalAtlantic has not responded either to me or my attorney. They will not accept phone calls from me or my attorney.

They do not respond to the demand letters and requests to speak with them by me or my attorney. The sales agent, Cindy Miranda, discriminated against my wife, who is Hispanic; Cindy Miranda would turn around and not acknowledge my wife when she would see her. CalAtlantic Homes representatives (Cindy Miranda, Kathy Kerr, Sib Woehler) lied to us on various occasions as to the price of items, the right to our deposit and how much money we would need. CalAtlantic was unresponsive and did not respond timely to our requests which allowed the escrow period to terminate so they could keep our earnest money deposit.

We feel like they violated the Texas Deceptive Trade Practices Act and induced us into the contract by waiting until after the escrow period ended to respond to our communications, they withheld information, they did not communicate with us timely and they constantly misinformed us as to prices, availability, and contractual terms. We were not give a copy of our contract until after the escrow period had terminated. We were made to enter into the purchase contract under duress and threats that we would not get the lot and home model unless we signed the contract quickly without time for review. So basically, we were lied to, misinformed, not informed, discriminated (racial/ethnic) against, induced under duress, and ignored by CalAtlantic Homes.

I have attached the demand letter sent to CalAtlantic by our attorney, which was never responded to by CalAtlantic.

Additionally, CalAtlantic did not attempt to correct any of the violations against us, their policy is to ignore and hope that the unemployed family that they took $10,000 from will just go away. Additionally, Theresa Russell, Loan Officer NMLS 252780 from CalAtlalantic mortgages, and Sib Woehler both told me that CalAtlantic never returns escrow deposits, unless it is a VA loan, that it is a way for the Company to make extra money.

Reason of review: Other issue.

I didn't like: Intimidating sales person.

Ryland Homes - Simple Review #1483131115

Turnaround Time

Didn't install the drain to our drip pain for our washer properly so we have a leak going from our upstairs laundry room into our kitchen down stairs. Our home is just now 3 years old and they won't warranty the problem.

Review about: Ryland Homes Warranty.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Ryland Homes - Simple Review #1481926284

3.2
Turnaround Time

MY HOME REQUIRED MANY VISITS FROM CONTRACTERS. THERE SEEMS TO BE A PROBLEM WITH OVERSEEING & SUPERVISION.

I AM TRYING TO BE OPTIMISTIC ABOUT THE FUTURE OF OUR TOWNHOME. WILL NOT RECOMMEND THIS BUILDER EVER!!

Review about: Ryland Homes Townhome.

Ryland Homes - POOR QUALITY, HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE & FOLLOW-UP

The quality of our home is poor to start with but the lack of customer service is even worse. Warranty issues have gone unaddressed for months even with persistent phone calls and emails.

Either there is no upper management or they don't care if the people they hire do their job. We were told that our wall was crooked because sometimes walls need to be adjusted for piping. How about the construction plans allot for piping and the walls are straight?? The excuses that we have been given are unbelievable.

And those are only the few we could get responses back on! Do not invest with this company.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of ryland homes customer care. Ryland Homes needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned ryland homes customer care in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Ryland Homes. You can also consider other company suggested by the author: Pulte Homes.

Ryland Homes - Home Warranty failure

5000 Legacy Dr Ste 190, Plano, TX 75024, USA 0 comments
2.3
Turnaround Time

I bought this home in July and have submitted a few easy home warranty issues a couple months after. It is now December and not a darn thing has been done.

I was the last house in the development and not its hard to get a call back or even a text from the home warranty. They make appointments and I get stood up all the time. I have taken countless days of work off to get stood up and burn my vacation hours. This has been one of the most horrific buying experiences I have had.

My house still does not drain water on the sides, wood floor still bowing up and the yard has pot holes/rabbit holes every where. This happens after every rain or even just from the neighbors watering their yard. They had the nerve to ask me to ask my neighbor who paid 500k for their house to not water the yard. I am in the mortgage business and I can't say I would ever recommend this company to anyone buying a new home.

If someone has corporate address please email me at Don@absoluteml.com. Thank you

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person stated that there is a room for improvement of poor warranty work. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss warranty issue of ryland homes house construction. Ryland Homes needs to "get these warranty items fixed" according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned ryland homes house construction in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Ryland Homes. You can also consider other company suggested by the author: Pulte Homes.