Ryland Homes - Many problems with windows and roof

I have several of the same problems that I am seeing reported here. Windows backed with foam board and not wood so now I need to replace all the windows on front of house plus tear out walls and insulation due to mold growth.

Roof corners not completed correctly so house has been taking on water at gutter and corner for years.

Finally saw the damage in the walls and now have to replace walls, flooring, ceiling on entire side of house on all three levels. Estimates came in at nearly 50K.

Lots of holes in roof that were never sealed with scaffolding was installed during original construction.

Product or Service Mentioned: Ryland Homes House Construction.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Nov 15.

Ryland Homes - Water

My home started when i moved in. Plumbing.

Bath shower, water falling from upstairs. The home falling apart.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Aug 10.

Ryland Homes - Appliances

I really do hate the venders that work with a Ryland Home because they take with them the parts needed to replace or fix your sink. I have Moen Sink from 2006 and there is the Moen wrench that comes with the unit.

The plumbers must have thought it was funny to take the part with them when they completed their job so now I have to call a plumber or order the wrench to fix my sink.

I have fixed so many things with our Ryland home that would have never been a problem if it were done the right way. So many issues that were not up to code that I wonder if I bought a "Lemon".

Reason of review: Not as described.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Jul 07.

Ryland Homes - Can't find the company

Where are they located and how can I reach them?? They used to be located in Cincinnati Ohio area and no one can find them even after they merged with CalAtlantic.

Does anyone know how a dissatisfied customer can get in touch - seems like they left a lot of home buyers with *** construction and no way to hold them accountable. If anyone knows how to contact them, please post on this website or contact me at ccbrueggeman@aol.com. We are trying to help friends who are living in a mess.

As a realtor in my early career in Northern Kentucky nearly 40 years ago, I would NEVER sell a Ryland home. Unfortunately, they stayed in business and made billions.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Jun 13.

Comments

RuddyCapybara901

Reach out to Cal Atlantic and Lennar Homebuilders. My home is 13 years old and I am encountering major issues that have led to mold.

Lennar responded within a week and followed up with detailed information on my contract within 3 weeks. Issues are NOT resolved but they are communicative.

Ryland Homes - Poor quality work

2.9
Turnaround Time

Having siding replaced today, when old siding removed underneath was unacceptable....areas that should have been wood were filled with fiber board...as you can see lots of rotted wood... this is just one of many disappointments since house was built...

I didn't like: Poor quality, Exterior walls constructed with fiber board instead of wood, Widows leaking due to fiberboard, Many areas of house not sealed, Poor quality and bad work ethics.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Jun 06.

Ryland Homes - Protect Yourself

As a professional licensed broker, I caution all prospective buyers to stop trying to be a realtor and get representation prior to walking into the super duper sales center/model home. You tend to believe the sales person/ superintendents on site are your buddies.

Not so! They work strictly for the builder/seller and are trained to tell you lies, deceive you, twist your words, alter your thoughts, and frankly protect and sell the product. The incentives they offer by using "their preferred lenders" come with a huge headache and price. I specialize in New construction home sales, and from the minute we walk through the door all bets are off.

From the use of their tricky contracts, to their unscrupulous lenders, to their shotty workmanship.

Protect yourself from the beginning and you will see a difference in the end! Keep the comments coming!

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from May 20.

Ryland Homes - Problem with Garden Tub

My hot water faucet is leaking; call a plumber he stated to repair leak he needed to cut the siding out because there was no other way to repair faucet. The cost would be $800.00.

I am retired and the price is outrageous.

Why was the tub design that way? Please email me Helen.dcharles@yahoo.com

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from May 15.

Ryland Homes - Shoddy workmanship

1.8
Turnaround Time

Built in 1999.

Daily, I can find evidence of their *** workmanship.

Let’s be honest: they subcontract out everything but the crews working our neighborhood must have been the biggest bunch of drunkards and *** heads to ever work construction.

Big piece of advice for new home buyers (learned my lesson 20 years back): DON’T EVER go with the builders upgrades. Flooring,, cabinets, countertops, etc. Go absolute baseline and then go out and make your own upgrades. Builders like Ryland are notorious for selling you the upgrades and everything they use is cheap as hell....but they really inflate the home cost. We added like $10,000 in upgrades and the material and product they use is pure junk!

Ryland is cookie cutter and inflated.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from May 10.

Ryland Homes - Ryland Home we purchased in Carmel, IN

My husband and I purchased a townhome in Carmel, IN. (Townhomes at City Center).

The handle on the sliding glass door in the kitchen broke off and we are trying to replace; however, there is no info in our warranty book as who the supplier of this door is. I was hoping you might have some record on the manufacturer of the sliding glass door so that we could contact them for a replacement handle.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Apr 29.

Ryland Homes - Awful

They have the wrong number my number is 214-498-6610

Customer made 2 calls to the company using contacts on our site.
Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Mar 26.