Ryland Homes - Water

My home started when i moved in. Plumbing.

Bath shower, water falling from upstairs. The home falling apart.

Ryland Homes - Appliances

I really do hate the venders that work with a Ryland Home because they take with them the parts needed to replace or fix your sink. I have Moen Sink from 2006 and there is the Moen wrench that comes with the unit.

The plumbers must have thought it was funny to take the part with them when they completed their job so now I have to call a plumber or order the wrench to fix my sink.

I have fixed so many things with our Ryland home that would have never been a problem if it were done the right way. So many issues that were not up to code that I wonder if I bought a "Lemon".

Reason of review: Not as described.

Ryland Homes - Can't find the company

Where are they located and how can I reach them?? They used to be located in Cincinnati Ohio area and no one can find them even after they merged with CalAtlantic.

Does anyone know how a dissatisfied customer can get in touch - seems like they left a lot of home buyers with *** construction and no way to hold them accountable. If anyone knows how to contact them, please post on this website or contact me at ccbrueggeman@aol.com. We are trying to help friends who are living in a mess.

As a realtor in my early career in Northern Kentucky nearly 40 years ago, I would NEVER sell a Ryland home. Unfortunately, they stayed in business and made billions.

Ryland Homes - Poor quality work

2.9
Turnaround Time

Having siding replaced today, when old siding removed underneath was unacceptable....areas that should have been wood were filled with fiber board...as you can see lots of rotted wood... this is just one of many disappointments since house was built...

Review about: Ryland Home Durham Model.

I didn't like: Poor quality, Exterior walls constructed with fiber board instead of wood, Widows leaking due to fiberboard, Many areas of house not sealed, Poor quality and bad work ethics.

Ryland Homes - Protect Yourself

8270 Nandina Dr, Sarasota, FL 34240, USA 0 comments

As a professional licensed broker, I caution all prospective buyers to stop trying to be a realtor and get representation prior to walking into the super duper sales center/model home. You tend to believe the sales person/ superintendents on site are your buddies.

Not so! They work strictly for the builder/seller and are trained to tell you lies, deceive you, twist your words, alter your thoughts, and frankly protect and sell the product. The incentives they offer by using "their preferred lenders" come with a huge headache and price. I specialize in New construction home sales, and from the minute we walk through the door all bets are off.

From the use of their tricky contracts, to their unscrupulous lenders, to their shotty workmanship.

Protect yourself from the beginning and you will see a difference in the end! Keep the comments coming!

Ryland Homes - Problem with Garden Tub

My hot water faucet is leaking; call a plumber he stated to repair leak he needed to cut the siding out because there was no other way to repair faucet. The cost would be $800.00.

I am retired and the price is outrageous.

Why was the tub design that way? Please email me Helen.dcharles@yahoo.com

Review about: Ryland Homes Customer Care.

Ryland Homes - Shoddy workmanship

1.8
Turnaround Time

Built in 1999.

Daily, I can find evidence of their *** workmanship.

Let’s be honest: they subcontract out everything but the crews working our neighborhood must have been the biggest bunch of drunkards and *** heads to ever work construction.

Big piece of advice for new home buyers (learned my lesson 20 years back): DON’T EVER go with the builders upgrades. Flooring,, cabinets, countertops, etc. Go absolute baseline and then go out and make your own upgrades. Builders like Ryland are notorious for selling you the upgrades and everything they use is cheap as hell....but they really inflate the home cost. We added like $10,000 in upgrades and the material and product they use is pure junk!

Ryland is cookie cutter and inflated.

Review about: Ryland Homes House Construction.

Ryland Homes - Ryland Home we purchased in Carmel, IN

My husband and I purchased a townhome in Carmel, IN. (Townhomes at City Center).

The handle on the sliding glass door in the kitchen broke off and we are trying to replace; however, there is no info in our warranty book as who the supplier of this door is. I was hoping you might have some record on the manufacturer of the sliding glass door so that we could contact them for a replacement handle.

Ryland Homes - Awful

They have the wrong number my number is 214-498-6610

Ryland Homes - I wish I never met them...

I bought a home from Ryland in Collegeville, PA in 1996. 22 years later I am still correcting their shoddy workmanship.

They are disreputable and inept in every way. I dealt with top management down to the job-site clowns. I cannot say that the people who built the house were actually Ryland, as they had outsourced every aspect of the actual construction. So, it is fair to say they aren't even a construction company.

I have had significiant problems with everything - drywall, windows, doors, plumbing, electrical, foundation...I have also spent a small fortune having other contractors who know what they are doing to come in and fix issues.

I have at least another $100K in repairs since they left. Worst so-called construction company in human history.

Do yourself a favor and avoid them and their companies.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments

user67608505

Another note: I found the access to plumbing for the hall bath was non existent. A frame where the door was supposed to be was installed but no actual door - just drywall.I had an insect problem for the first two years because during construction somehow the basement filled up with 3.5 feet of water!They didn't do the grass, although they claimed they did.

I eventually hired someone who understood grass and they fixed it.My large, front window had a leak that was horrendous. They came and caulked and said it would be fine. It wasn't.

I had a carpenter come and fixed it while advising me to sue the builder for incompetence. He said the gap was large enough that he initially lost a pencil in it....I can go on for several thousand more words here....

user67608505

Another note to add to this review - I found when I replaced every window that much of the wrap for fire was never put on the house. I have found many areas where no insulation was installed or it was improperly installed.

I had to replace my exterior doors completely as they all rotted out as they were not installed properly. The rear slider never had flashing, so, water was just running into the basement. The first 3x they came about that in 1997 they had no idea what it was.

I called a carpenter, he diagnosed it in less than 1 minute. I have MANY, MANY other examples just like this.