Concord, North Carolina

I'm currently in a contract to buy a home with Ryland.Well the home's appraisal came in 10k under...Ryland expects me to bring this in addition to my 15k deposit, and down payment!

My bank will not approve the loan because the home is under appraised....my kids are in a hotel because our current home sold! Ryland is layback because they have us tied down due to the contract and have threatened to keep all of our earnest money-15K if we don't close end of this month which of course they know we can't due to our loan not being approve!!! My advice DONT BUY A HOME FROM RYLAND!!!!! They have handled everything with arrogance-attached is a letter enclosed to me by Ryland supervisor Alan Beulah, who at Design center expressed to us a possibility of our home not being able to appraise but of course in their language which my husband and I didn't understand or think was a problem.

It wasn't until our lender and realtor explained to us the great problem this was we came to senses obviously too late into the contract to do something. I will campaign against them for lack of communication as this is no way to do business!!!!

Attached is the letter I received from Mr.Beulah as to his response to all of this!!!!

Review about: Home Purchase.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Problems with payment / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Ryland Homes?

Comments

Tampa, Florida, United States #995442

sounds like your realtor didn't explain how a CONTRACT works...not Rylands fault...