Ryland Homes - Review about Home Purchase from Concord, North Carolina

I'm currently in a contract to buy a home with Ryland.Well the home's appraisal came in 10k under...Ryland expects me to bring this in addition to my 15k deposit, and down payment!

My bank will not approve the loan because the home is under appraised....my kids are in a hotel because our current home sold! Ryland is layback because they have us tied down due to the contract and have threatened to keep all of our earnest money-15K if we don't close end of this month which of course they know we can't due to our loan not being approve!!! My advice DONT BUY A HOME FROM RYLAND!!!!! They have handled everything with arrogance-attached is a letter enclosed to me by Ryland supervisor Alan Beulah, who at Design center expressed to us a possibility of our home not being able to appraise but of course in their language which my husband and I didn't understand or think was a problem.

It wasn't until our lender and realtor explained to us the great problem this was we came to senses obviously too late into the contract to do something. I will campaign against them for lack of communication as this is no way to do business!!!!

Attached is the letter I received from Mr.Beulah as to his response to all of this!!!!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Home Purchase
Review category
Home Construction and Repair
review #647934

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Ryland Homes? Submit review ›
Helpful? 6 Yes 6 1 No 1
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jun 15, 2015 #995442 Tampa, Florida

sounds like your realtor didn't explain how a CONTRACT works...not Rylands fault...

1 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Ryland Homes. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Ryland Homes.
Filing a new complaint about