I waited 8 years to be able to buy a Ryland built house, I heard they were a great company and had wonderful customer support.Don't spend your money on a landscape package or cement patio off sliding doors.
I spent an additional $1400.00 of hard earned money to make my first Ryland home look polished from the street and have a patio off my back sliders so the dogs would not track mud into the house. When I had my walk-through second week of Oct 2013, the patio and landscaping were missing. They didn't even have my patio on the sheet but was told it would be laid before my move in the following week. It took til the end of Oct for the landscape about six/eight plants and trees to be planted - looked real nice til the frost came early and kill two of the shrubs.
Gentleman, Chris D?, that came out during my first year end review agreed the planting happened way past Ryland planting season and stated it would be taken care of the following spring (2014). It is now going into the spring of 2016 with no resolution. I even wrote to the president of Ryland Homes in California with no success! I even sent color photos of the problems.
I have tried writing, calling and even spoke to one of the general contractors about it numerous times and nothing. Oh yeah, the patio was poured and the supports were most likely taken out too early as there are gaps under the edges of the cement and jagged pieces around the edges. Again was promised it would be cared for, but still nothing. Still the way it was almost 2 1/2 years ago.
I love my house, but not so much the outside.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
What I liked
- Office real estate person
What I disliked
- Poor quality
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Ryland Homes Construction
- Review category
- Home Construction and Repair
You May Also Like
- "Worst Experience ever.. Do not build with lombardo homes. All it is excuse after excuse, we will tell you what you want to hear to make the buck. We..."
- "These photos are of a house with defective stucco at Sun City Hilton Head, SC. It is one example of the widespread defective stucco problem at SCHH that has resulted..."
- "I just had one of Leaffilter's sleasy sales people over at my place. They basically use any sales tactic to get the sale. Here are a couple things I have..."
- "i went to purebred breeders web site picked out a husky $1100 dollars they guaranteed the dogs health and said they knew the breeder for years very trustworthy ,,1 week..."
- "Re: PS3 BO3 Freeze WTF. Hard reset negatively affecting the system (see image). BO3 sucks. Why did they ruin the great thing MW had going, e.g. graphics, sound effects, gameplay? (all..."
- "after a couple years the heater stopped heating and only put out sort of warm air. customer service sent out new bulbs and when i pulled out the old..."
- "Many of the nay-sayers of this company are correct about the business practices. If you can get the product, especially the night cream, do it, but if just trying to..."
- "Tracy Drott Agency Owner 210.319.7218 12540 Bandera Rd. #209 Helotes, TX 78024 My name is Hung Tran. I purchased Allstate auto insurance policy thru Tracy Drott, an agency owner located at 12540 Bandera Rd. Ste...."
- "DIGREGORIO & MENICI is business registered with the Office of the City Clerk of Boston. The file number is 14001751. The address is 152 Salem Street #3, Boston, MA 02113...."