Hampshire, Illinois
1.7K views 0 comments
3.0
Turnaround Time

I waited 8 years to be able to buy a Ryland built house, I heard they were a great company and had wonderful customer support.Don't spend your money on a landscape package or cement patio off sliding doors.

I spent an additional $1400.00 of hard earned money to make my first Ryland home look polished from the street and have a patio off my back sliders so the dogs would not track mud into the house. When I had my walk-through second week of Oct 2013, the patio and landscaping were missing. They didn't even have my patio on the sheet but was told it would be laid before my move in the following week. It took til the end of Oct for the landscape about six/eight plants and trees to be planted - looked real nice til the frost came early and kill two of the shrubs.

Gentleman, Chris D?, that came out during my first year end review agreed the planting happened way past Ryland planting season and stated it would be taken care of the following spring (2014). It is now going into the spring of 2016 with no resolution. I even wrote to the president of Ryland Homes in California with no success! I even sent color photos of the problems.

I have tried writing, calling and even spoke to one of the general contractors about it numerous times and nothing. Oh yeah, the patio was poured and the supports were most likely taken out too early as there are gaps under the edges of the cement and jagged pieces around the edges. Again was promised it would be cared for, but still nothing. Still the way it was almost 2 1/2 years ago.

I love my house, but not so much the outside.

Review about: Ryland Homes Customer Care.

I liked: Office real estate person.

I didn't like: Poor quality.

Had an Experience with Ryland Homes?

Comments

Be the first to start a discussion