Ryland Homes - Water issues

My house is a lake! I have had water in the basement more times then I ca remember!

Waited 2 Years before I finished the basement! I even drylocked, sealed cracks & spray fomed & still got water. PS got water from the roof also. Ryland try’s to always blame someone or something else!

Never buy their home! Guess this is what u get for moving to broke IL!

Review about: A Shitty House In Herrington Estates In Bolingbrook.

Ryland Homes - Horrible customer service

2.0
Turnaround Time

Have spoken to the company so many times had the same leak 4 times. Not to mention had another leak in the house that they had to repair 3 times.

Their reps change constantly and all blame each other. Even spoke with the VP and he just blew it off. Told me he would get back to me by the end of the week , but did not hear from him until three weeks.

I had to call him 6 times. Don’t buy because after a year they don’t care about you.

Review about: Home.

Ryland Homes - Bad Builder

2793 Avington Lane, Atlanta, GA 30339, USA 1 comment

They built our house in 1995. In 2017 we discovered that flashing had not been installed above several of the windows, causing the frames to rot internally, out of sight.

There is no dispute that the rotting is a direct result of the improper installation. Now they must be replaced. Of course Ryland hides behind the 20 year warranty, although the problem has been there from the start and is a result of their negligence. Nearly all external wood trim is rotting due to the use of poor-quality wood, this is a separate issue from the missing flashing and true of all homes in out Ryland-built neighborhood.

The majority of houses have had to replace windows and/or doors. Ground preparation was poor and the majority of driveways and entry sidewalks are cracked from settlement.

Within a couple of years of construction a sinkhole big enough to swallow an adult formed next to our driveway. The pylons for the deck support have sunk at various rates, causing our deck stairs to resemble a Z shape.

Review about: A House.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

My neighbor and I's yards started sinking earlier this year. Almost 4 months later mine is still sinking and I have a crack in my foundation from it! My neighbor has lived in his home since it was built back around 1997 and said nothing like this has ever happened before.

Ryland Homes - Bad experience

2.2
Turnaround Time

When my Fiancé and I moved to Delaware because of work, we wanted to buy our first home together. A coworker of mine said how Middletown, De was a beautiful City that I would love.

My Fiance and I decided to visit the Ryland homes in Willow Grove. The town home we saw was very nice. The employee that work there was awesome. We loved the Neighborhood and we decided that we wanted to buy a home from Ryland.

At first everything seems good. But as the months went by, we've notice how they were building our home. It seems like they were in a rush and they didn't really care of how they built the homes. The manager for the construction said not to worry that everything will be fine.

We finally moved in 7 months later and the first thing we encountered was our dish washer was not working. We found out they had put the tubes and wiring backwards. We went upstairs and notice a lot of the paint was dripping down on the cabinets and on our carpet. We also noticed our vents were all crooked.

I also noticed in my kitchen, a piece of my Island's cabinets was chopped off. I was really upset but we had already moved in and didn't notice any of these problems until we settled in.

I really hope that they see the mistakes they have done. Next time we buy a house, I will make sure that everything will be in my expectations.

Review about: A Townhouse.

Comments

This is why Ryland homes continued to change their names because they are a shady builder. I've viewed their homes in different parts of Maryland over the years and I'd buy a bridge first rather than getting involved with them.

Do your research people and check your resources, BBB and reviews. STAY AWAY

Ryland Homes - Poor Installation and Appliances

5881 Augusta Meadows Dr, Indianapolis, IN 46254, USA 0 comments
2.8
Turnaround Time

I had my first home built by Ryland Homes, moving in December of 2012. Everything seemed fine at first but then, a couple years in, I started noticing a lot of things going wrong.

Of course, by the time I noticed or went to take action, my "warranties" had run out. I have a lot of drywall pop-outs, none of my outside electricity works - from the outside and garage outlets to the outside lights on the garage (which are HOA required). The finishing on my cabinets is atrocious, with painted over nicks (same for a door or 2). I was offered an appliance package, which I took and 2 or 3 years in, the dryer went out (as it did again this year).

I had it repaired, where I learned my vents needed cleaning and since the contractors decided to run my vent out to the roof, it cost $250 just to clean the vents because of their length! One of the rooms has carpeting that's starting to rust, which makes me think there's a plumbing issue. Now, in 2017, the water heater is going out.

The one positive thing that I can say, is that now I know what to ask for, inspect, and look out for. If I could go back in time, I wouldn't have went with Ryland Homes as my builder.

Review about: Ryland Homes House Construction.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

I liked: To sue the company.

I didn't like: Poor quality, Warranty service non existent.

Ryland Homes - Tiles bulging in master shower

The tiles in my master bathroom showerwall started bulging then when I was showering the tiles fell off. I called a Contractor to see how what was going on that the tiles are falling off.

Well the contractor advise me that the builder did NOT waterproof my shower wall. I was " what do you mean" and Contractor said that they put the sheet rock but did not put the material to waterproof it, and within time water will go through the grout. I called the Ryland who is now CAL Atlantic now spoke to rep Jenkins who sent my work order to to rep Derrick. Well Mr.

Derrick comes to my house less then 5 mins says right material was used, but lacks to say that the tile people did not seal my walls with the waterproof material.

So bottom line they won't cover due to out of warranty, which that's not my issue , it's that work was not done right. Now I have to pay for Rylands poor work.

Review about: Ryland Homes House Construction.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Would never recommend to anyone.

Ryland Homes - Legacy Ridge Overlook Patio Homes."UPDATES "

Punch list and more found, Update on Patio Home I was contacted by on of the CalAtlantic Personel,He ask me if the issues on my Catalog of a Punch List , was going?Ok,seems the list is getting done,theirs some other things like the Closet or Guest by the Front Door ,is missing a Hanger rod and shelf,maybe it's a upgrade,I don't think you use the floor,I could be wrong,a lot of time has past and the Snow and a Wheelchair aren't to compatible,so I feel like sometimes it used to their advantage,I hired a very good reputable contractor,whom is Finishing the basement. I can definitely see the Craftsmanship,it speaks for itself,and their is no comparison in work,I wish he would have built the whole house.

But the Patio Home isn't a Custom Home,or the cost would be over a million. The New person Don is a Plus ,,he does his best to resolve the Warranty Problems ,and some he has repaired on his own,I know he can't do everything I want done ,but at least he tries,and that means a lot,he is looking over a lot of Homes by himself,so I've learned to be more patient with the repairs on the home.The area is very nicely located and the Homes al have a veiew,some better than others ,of course,and Bike ,Walking trails are excellent for Wheelchairs and Electric Scooters designed for the Disabled.Not everything is done yet, it's a New Development,and theirs going to be Flaws,over time I think that all the repairs will be done on my Home and Neighborhood.

Reason of review: They said my Punch List was going to be taken care of.

Ryland Homes - Extremely poor construction Blueridge subdivison/Carpentersville Il

The entire neighborhood of towne houses / condos was built in less than six months , using none union scab laborers. My condo had such a draft in it, the water heater pilot light constantly blew out, freezing cold on the first floor , extremely warm on the 2nd floor.

You could bounce on the master bedroom floor, which had a angled floor to outside wall.

Ryland Mortgage sold all there mortges to Countrywide Mortgages , which everybody went to adjustable which only went in one direction , virtually everyone who could refinance elsewhere ended up foreclosed and evicted. BEWARE OF ANY DEALINGS WITH THIS BUNCH OF RIPOFF'S

Review about: Home Construction Sales And Loans.

Comments

Clearly, this person has not bought a house before, or perhaps many years ago. I live in our last one built just thirty years ago, and the one before was also newly built.

having said that, the first trigger was "using none union scab laborers" those workers were not unionized, NOT scabs. Scabs are the workers working during a union strike. The best way to achieve the quality home is to be around as much as possible. I don't know that a floor that has an angle on it will "bounce" more likely it was how the floor was attached to the beams.

The financing: everywhere has had challenges in the last round of economic upheaval (don't get me started). Our mortgage has changed hands multiple time for its length (30 years). It is very difficult to evict someone. Mortgage lenders really don't want a mess of multiple mortgages going south all at once.

They're in the business of MAKING $$$, not in the business of destroying families. Only someone truly not knowledgable would grab onto that 3% down payment. Its just not a solid decision for anyone. In addition, anyone who is looking, knows that mortagages are at almost an all time low, so trading into a fixed rate mortage is smart.

Somehow, the mortgage for our last two homes have been with variable rates. We laughed; the first one was such a new concept, that it had nowhere but to go down! The last one was a bit more realisitic! CalAtlantic is a huge national corperation.

Your message would be better said directly to their home office. First, try to rewrite it and forget about the name calling. Also, make sure all you say is backed up. Were that many owners evicted or foreclosed upon?

I have witnessed many homes being built virtually at the same time, though not here in Maine. That's another story. My creds? well, I was an active participant in all that we've done with our housing.

I also majored in economics in college, at the same time with Elaine Chao. google her. As I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis (MS) after the birth of my second child, and dared to have a third, you won't see my name where you might otherwise. In summation: Your post does nothing but make me feel that your gripes are at least mostly emotional, not factual.

I am just beginning my search for a planned community in South Carolina. I just feel sad you felt to spout off in such a sad and angry way.

Ryland Homes - House Construction Review

1.3
Turnaround Time

I bought a Patio Home a new word for Duplex, Colorado is booming! And a New house in the Westminster area will cost 500,000 plus, a lot of money,and you expect the new home to be exceptional.

I was ripped off! The quality of work is a Head Shaker and you don't close or believe them when at Walk Through the answer to your questions will be,This will all be Fixed and Fine,this was what I was told,my Punch list was 34 and grew,,a 500,000 home?

And I was lied too. Some things have been taken care of.

Ryland Homes - Kitchen Cabinet

I purchased my home in November, 2016 in Middletown, Delaware. I made my list of repairs before settlement, had an inspector inspect my home before settlement, blue taped every item before and after settlement, but I had two problems that took several attempts to correct and one remains uncorrected.

When my kitchen cabinets was installed, the contractor used one of them as a note pad to write on and it came through the paper and onto my cabinet. I was told by the project manager that they had to order a new door, this was November. In January I sent a email to the manager that assisted me with my purchase and I was told when the door came in, I would be notified. Now it is March, 2017 and the "Blue Tape" is still on my kitchen cabinet door..

I am submitting this review to let others know that even if you do everything right when purchasing a newly built home, the builders still will leave jobs incompleted.

I will submit a letter also to CalAtlantic/Ryland headquarters, to see if I can my new cabinet door installed. Bottom line, "Buyers be careful and stay on top of your builders no matter who they are ".

Review about: Kitchen Cabinet Door Replacement.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.